Yesterday I went dress shopping at David's Bridal with my mom, my maid of honor, Melissa, and one of my bridesmaids, Marissa. We started out the day by going to Millie's restaurant with my mom and Melissa. Marissa had to do Vacation Bible School until 12:00PM so we order her a sandwich and she met us at Millie's. We then drove to David's Bridal where I tried on a TON of dresses. I must have tried on at least 10-15 dresses. It was pretty intense and tiring! I sort of had an idea of the type of dress that I wanted but after trying on so many dresses I basically completely switched over to a completely different dress style (I can't say what type of style or anything on here because Ian reads this!). It took a long time to narrow it down to one dress but eventually we found one that I liked the most and that was the most flattering. I basically went home yesterday with my mind set on that dress. But I wanted to try to look at other places and the sale that David's Bridal was having ended monday so I had a little bit of time to look around at other places. We made an appointment for monday just in case I still liked that dress the best.
The next morning I went with my mom to Mary Me Bridal. It is a boutique in Orange that carries a lot of really expensive dresses. When we walked in I filled out a registry card. She asked what our budget was and we said about $1000 and she basically just told us to find dresses that we liked. She didn't pay much attention to us after that. We didn't stay long in there because 1) the dresses were too expensive for our price range and 2) the lady payed more attention to the rich customers.
The second place that went today was Alfred Angelo in Brea. I had looked on their website and they had some cheaper dresses but most seemed to be pretty highly priced. We filled out a registry form and started to mark dresses in the catalog that I wanted to try on. I went into it not expecting to find anything better than what I found at David's Bridal. The lady that was helping us was named Ingrid and she was very nice and helpful! I had tried on about three dresses and I had liked the first one that I tried on the best. The last dress that I tried on, the fourth one, was the one. I can't say now what it looks like but I know for sure that Ian will love it! We bought the dress today and it is being ordered in my size right now. When it arrives at the store I will get a call to come in and that is when alterations will be made on the dress and it will then be stored in a controlled closet until closer to our wedding day! I am so excited to see my dress when it comes in in my measurements!
Tomorrow Ian, my mom, and I are going to be going to look for japanese paper to use as a design in all of our save the dates, invites, escort cards, etc. We are planning to have a semi-asian themed wedding without going too far over board. It is from the paper that we will create our wedding color scheme. Everything seems to be coming together pretty quickly and I am so excited to do more planning!
No comments:
Post a Comment