Sunday, July 12, 2009

Breaking the Trend

Sabrina is leaving on Friday to go to her internship. It will be the first time in over a year where we haven't seen each other every day.

For most couples, this is normal I suppose. Not for us. It's hard to imagine NOT being with Sabrina. I love her so much! I love spending time with her! I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't.

Sabina and I started hanging out everyday before we started dating when we were just friends. She came with me to Colorado last summer, and we started dating. Since then, we haven't left each other's side (not literally of course). Everyday we make sure to see each other, even if it's only for a little bit. I guess it's one of the ways we show each other that we love the other person.

I'm really sad that she's going. I'm also a bit scared. I'm not scared that things will change between us. That isn't going to happen! But I'm scared because its a change. I'm also scared that something might happen to her while she's gone, or while I'm gone. I'm trying not to think about that because, well, everything is in God's hands.

I'm also really excited for Sabrina. This internship is something that she really desires to do. It is in the field that she wants to pursue, and her heart is 100% in it! I love seeing her love kids with disabilities when most of the world just looks down on them. She is able to show love to the kids and the parents by helping with whatever is needed, and by developing a loving relationship that mirrors Christ with them!

The flip side of Sabrina leaving for her awesome internship is that I will be going back to Colorado for a couple of weeks to spend time with family and friends out there. I'm super excited about that, but still, nervous for the above mentioned reasons and one other: I'm flying to Colorado.

I have flown several times. Several times since 9/11 and not had a problem. But, during those times that I flew, I didn't have anything to lose. Now that I'm engaged, if something happened, I would have a lot to lose! I don't want to leave Sabrina behind! But I know that I have to trust in God, because His timing is perfect! I'm sure that everything will be fine, it's a slight fear in the back of my head.

So, we're breaking the trend as of Monday. It is going to be tough, and I can guarantee that we will be calling each other at every chance we get, finding out what the other has been doing and encouraging each other along in the process.

I believe that this will be a wonderful chance for us to grow. And so, let us grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment